We all all get stuck sometimes.
Stuck: it’s that dark swamp we sometimes fall into. More than that, it’s a bottomless pit where you feel like you’re swimming. And it’s that sense of going nowhere. As if you’re not moving forward. And worse, that you’re wasting precious, precious time.
Drowning. Unfortunately, struggling as you sink deeper and deeper into the abyss of paralysis.
There are several reasons why we get stuck:
- We’re afraid
- What we want doesn’t align with our values
- We only see one or two choices or possibilities
- We’re perfectionists and can’t see the perfect pathway
- We insist on seeing the whole picture before taking a step forward
- Time and few resources are not enough to do what we want
- We don’t have the support we need to do something different
Where are you stuck?
In a negative relationship with a colleague? With a difficult manager? Yet you don’t know how to handle the situation? Are you looking to advance at work, but don’t know how? Perhaps you’re considering a career transition. Or maybe a new business opportunity, but you’re afraid it might fail
And why are you stuck?
First, you need to define why you can’t seem to get going. Then you need to visualize what it would look like on the other side. Only then can you gather courage, identify your course of action, and move forward with purpose and clarity. And when you finally start moving forward, you’ll have greater peace, joy, and satisfaction.
So, are you ready to get out of the mud?
© 2016 Blue Bridge Leadership
Grand Rapids, Michigan