In a previous post, I talked about giving out an award (even for zany reasons) as a means of recognizing and appreciating others. Here’s an off the wall Christmas contest, based on a game I played many years ago. It’s called “Guess the Christmas Carol.” Okay, so perhaps it’s not business-y enough to deserve a real award, but hey! Who cares? It’s fun! And…perhaps it’s another good way of building work relationships.
Directions: Guess the Christmas Carol. (Hint: Replace many of the words with synonyms). I’ll give you the answer to the first one. See how many you or your colleagues can figure out.
- Approach everyone who is steadfast. (Answer: Oh Come All Ye Faithful)
- Ecstasy toward the orb.
- Listen! The Foretelling spirits harmonize.
- Hey, Minuscule urban area southeast of Jerusalem.
- Quiescent Nocturnal period.
- The Autocrat troika originating near the ascent of Apollo.
- The primary carol.
- Embellish the corridors.
- I’m fantasizing concerning a blanched yuletide.
- I apprehended my maternal parent osculating with a corpulent unshaven male in crimson disguise.
- During the time ovine caretakers supervised their charges past midnight.
- The thing manifests itself at the onset of a transparent day.
- The coniferous nativity.
- What offspring abides thus?
- Removed in a bovine feeding trough.
- Valentino, the roseate proboscises wapiti.
- The slight percussionist lad.
- Father Christmas approaches the metropolis.
- Seraphim we aurally detected in the stratosphere.
- The Creator reassures you, lively fellows.
So reader, can you come up with your own? If so, share with the rest of us!